Bill Hager is a 25-year resident of House District 89. Before being elected to the House, he served three terms on the Boca Raton City Council, including Deputy Mayor.
Bill is the proud father of two daughters who are both recent graduates of The University of Florida. He has a proven track record as a job creator in the community, and knows firsthand what it is like to meet a payroll and balance a budget.
It is with this unique business acumen that Bill Hager has been successful in reducing burdensome regulations on small business owners, cutting taxes and creating an environment friendly to entrepreneurs across the state.
A former math teacher, Bill is a strong proponent for education. He is determined to help ensure that Florida’s education system is a top priority, and provides our students with a 21st Century world class education.
Proudly elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. He was re-elected in 2012 and 2014. Currently he serves on the following committees:
- Joint Committee on Public Counsel Oversight – Chair
- Insurance & Banking Subcommittee – Vice Chair
- Children, Families & Seniors Subcommittee
- Education Committee
- Transportation & Ports Subcommittee
Bill’s community involvements
- Chairman of the Palm Beach County United Way Fund Raising Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the National Conference of Christians and Jews, South Florida
- Member of the Board and past Vice Chairman of the Board, Boca Raton Community Hospital
- Chairman and Trustee of the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, and Chairman of the Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business
- Chairman of the March of Dimes Walk America Committee.
- Co-chaired major fundraising events for the Boca Raton Community Hospital, the American Cancer Society, the Boca Raton Historical Society, and the American Heart Association.
An Experienced Leader…
- Boca Raton City Council member 2002-2009
- Deputy Mayor
- Community Redevelopment Agency, Chair
- PBC League of Cities, Board Member
- Assistant Attorney General (IA)
- West Des Moines School Board Member
- Congressional Assistant, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington D.C (previous)
- Citizen of the Year, Boca Raton Elks Club
- Sun Sentinel’s Excalibur Award for Business Excellence
A Proven Record of Success…
- Insurance Metrics Corporation, President (2001 to present)
- Attorney at Law, Current Member of the Florida and Iowa Bars. Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court
- Commissioner of Insurance, State of Iowa
- President and Chief Executive Officer of NCCI (1990-1998) Approx 1,000 employees $150 million in annual revenue
- Co-founder of Cenetec, Inc. – A high technology accelerator
- General Counsel to the American Academy of Actuaries, Washington DC (previous)
- Mathematics classroom teacher (previous)
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois
- Masters of Education, University of Hawaii
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, University of Northern Iowa